Range

At the beginning of the year, I had a crushing sense of loneliness. I had just regained access to the internet and was looking for connections, friends, and "possibly more". The internet gives the LGBTQ community, and others, a laundry list of places to go where we can connect with others even when distance would otherwise prevent us from doing so.





The fallacies behind online interaction don't get nearly as much attention as the positive aspects.  

The internet probably carries an infinite amount of virtual hope for curing the all too familiar ailment of drifting as a gay man. However, it can't promise it.

One of my newly discovered issues while struggling with finding intimacy on the internet, is the open and widening range of sexual preferences.

When I was younger, it was impossible for me to imagine someone being openly gay in High School. Now, there are teenagers who are openly Transgendered. The sexual identity needle moved much faster than I could have ever expected.

As an "older" gay man, I realize my distance from the core of the LGBTQ community is causing a level of disconnect. It makes approaching sexual encounters even more difficult to navigate than before.



I now have to accept the idea of possibly encountering men who I may not ever have thought of sexually pleasing until recently.

Asexuals, Bisexuals, Pansexuals, FTMs, Triads, the list seems to grow daily.

I'm self-proclaimed to be a "typical garden variety homosexual". I'm pretty straightforward, for a gay man.

I believe a sexual revolution of sorts is currently happening. One would imagine it would have great effects on my lack of sex life, but it has proven to be quite the opposite so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Self-Fulfilled Prophecy

No Pride: End of the Year Special

The Elephant in the Room