Empty Bed

I honestly can't remember the last time I had sex. Living in Alabama presents a whole new level of challenges commonly overlooked or completely unknown to others who haven't had to live the experience themselves. Even in this day and age with a long list of "dating" apps, it hasn't become any easier for me.

I had accounts on Grindr, GROWLr, Scruff, and Surge for about 4 months. After being unsuccessful with going out on one single date during this time, I completely gave up on the dating scene, again, and deleted all my accounts and apps.

I want to have connections, friends, and even more, but it just isn't working out well.

Of course, I have "red flags". Ones I don't hide behind at all.



I don't have a paying job, I still live with my parents, and I'm your typical, mostly uninteresting, video game playing, "grown man-child". Most of these issues, are ones I can overcome, in time.

I'm currently working on several blog projects and writing. I have proof I'm working, it just doesn't pay, currently.

I shouldn't have to explain the minefield of issues involved with finding and keeping gainful employment as an openly gay man in Alabama either. Even though, I'm sure I will at some point in this blog.

Living with my parents is merely a symptom of my unemployment. It isn't the illness.

Video Games have been my life long savior whenever I've felt alone. I didn't have a lot of friends growing up, so I often spent time by myself.

It's almost as if I didn't have a real choice with half the afflictions I suffer. I feel like I'm only a victim of circumstance. I think having a healthy sexual relationship would help me out.

Too bad I live in an uber-conservative area of the US, with all this personal baggage weighing me down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Self-Fulfilled Prophecy

No Pride: End of the Year Special

The Elephant in the Room